Pages

Sunday, 21 June 2015

6 happy things



Life lately has been emotional. If I saw this emotional rollercoaster at a theme park I would sack it off and go on the teacups instead (I *love* the teacups) but, y'know, I'm strapped in to life already so I'm just going to enjoy the ride. In that spirit, six happy things!

1) Plans
Currently I am in the process of making some veery exciting and cunning plans. They may or may not come to fruition, but I can tell they're the best kind of plans because they're filling my belly with a mixture of terrror and excitement.

2) Kitten
I have to control my keyboard here, because I could bore on about him for days. His little face just makes me so happy! He has gone from being a cat who refused to look at us to being a cat who has no chill whatsoever. This makes privacy in this house quite difficult because you shut the bedroom door, hear a thud and are joined by a bundle of moulting fluff. He keeps us under constant surveillance, like a small furry Big Brother. He's cute enough to make up for it though. Adorably Orwellian.
I wish I looked half this cute while asleep. In a non stalky way, sorry Kitten. Totally respect your catty boundaries.

3) My animals and other family
And other animals I guess. We're just back from a flying visit up North to catch up with family. And allll the animals, including our cat Barney who trots after you when you walk the dogs and Annie, the adorable Shetland Pony, who gives you her paw and mugs you for extra strong mints. And we met some ridiculously cuddly cocker spaniels too. I really like being surrounded by animals. I might secretly be the under-qualified version of Doctor Dolittle.
Did I mention that Barney is an IRL glamourpuss?

4) Body Shop satsuma shower gel
This smells like a slice of fruity heaven and for some reason really reminds me of my childhood (family with good taste in gift sets perhaps?). Pleasing shower gel is the best kind of pleasing thing because it makes mornings smell good. Mornings should smell good, taste good and look good to remind you that sometimes the real world can be almost as good as dream world.
Lovely orange things

5) Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
This programme makes me happy because 1) hilariously funny, 2) fabulous clothes, including light up trainers and sunshine yellow cardigans and 3) weirdly inspiring. I mean, if Kimmy can build a life of excellence after being in the Bunker, then I *definitely* can. Plus the theme tune gets stuck in my head and puts a bounce in my step. If you haven't seen it, you need to go and catch a Netflix and catch up. Basic theme is, woman escapes kidnap / cult bunker situation, builds a life of excellence in New York. What's not to love?

6) Peanut butter cups
Joss has recently returned from a trip across the pond to see his family. He came back with a massive bag of peanut butter cups, and I wouldn't say I'm easily bought but it did make me love him a *little* bit more. They were miniature ones, which has meant many mouthfuls of peanut buttery goodness. The USA don't always get sweeties right, but they hit on a winner with that one, didn't they?
Lovely brown things

No comments:

Post a Comment