Pages

Friday, 1 January 2016

1000 paper cranes | 366



It's important to learn from other people's mistakes. So, here's some fresh wisdom for you: do not engage in paper craft lightly. Specifically, do not start a merry folding project and then embark on a super intense Masters course. It's like Baileys and Prosecco: the two do not mix. You get strands of coagulated gunk. Okay, so it's not exactly like any kind of drink (except perhaps desperation vodka mixing with sweat / tears at 4.03am) but it's a metaphor, right?

So yes, anyway. I have been learning lots over the past few months, including a deep and abiding love for Russian formalism (eh, yeah, who knew?) and I've been reading constantly. Which, obviously amazing, but leaves little room for paper folding. Short of mutating into an octopus with opposable thumbs and two brains and acquiring lots of waterproof paper, I'm never going to be able to combine the two. Actually, I don't think waterproof paper folds that well so even that's a bust.

But I'm still going! So I am a little behind where I should ideally be according to maths and organisation but I reckon I can make it up. Why not? Just gotta think like the octopus.

And FYI, little paper birds look LOVELY with a Christmas tree, so if you're looking for something wholesome to do with your hands, I can totally recommend engaging in paper craft. Just, you know, don't do it lightly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment